Booking Contract for Beech Cottage
N.B: In this document, “we” refers to the owner of the property, Mr and Mrs Carl Foster, “you” refers to the person booking the property, considered as the lead guest. If the cottage is available for the required dates and the date you make the booking is more than 8 weeks from your arrival date you must pay a 25% deposit. Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund. Once the deposit is received, we will confirm your booking by email. We will email you an invoice, via Stripe, for the balance of payment and refundable damage deposit 8 weeks before your arrival date. If the balance is not received within 6 weeks of the start of your stay we reserve the right to give notice by email that the booking is cancelled and your deposit will be forfeit. Bookings made within 8 weeks of commencement of the rental require full payment at the time of booking.
The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day.
All non French nationals are required by law to complete the ‘Fiche Individuelle De Police Des Touristes Estrangers’. You will be asked to complete this form after your arrival and we are legally obliged to keep them for 6 months. After this time the forms are destroyed by us. Only the local police can ask for the details on this form.
Terms and Conditions
These conditions form part of the contract once the booking is confirmed. We reserve the right to refuse any booking without an explanation. In the event of this happening the guest will be advised by email of any such refusal and all payment will be refunded to the guest. A damage deposit of €250 for each rental period is required when the balance of payment is made or, payable at the time of booking when a booking is made within 8 weeks of your arrival date. The damage deposit covers any damage caused to the property or contents including the garden furniture, parasol, barbeque, swimming pool and pool furniture. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the guest’s liability: it is the guest’s responsibility to ensure they have taken out adequate holiday insurance. We will process the damage deposit refund within 2 days of the end of your stay, subject to a property inspection.
• No pets allowed
• No smoking permitted in the cottage
• No parties or events
• The maximum occupancy of 5 persons must not be exceeded
• No visitors are allowed in the property, pool or on the grounds
• There are no facilities for charging electric vehicles
• The cottage is not suitable for wheelchair users
• Please leave the cottage as clean and tidy as found upon arrival
• All rubbish must be taken to the bins provided next to the old school in Le Penety. No rubbish is to be left at the property
• You are responsible for the garden furniture for the duration of your stay. Please do not leave the parasol up if you are away from the property or overnight
• Whilst you are away from the property or if it is raining, please either close the Velux windows or leave them on the first catch as they are an integral part of the roof
• Please report any stoppage or defect to an appliance in the cottage, pool or gardens at your earliest convenience
• The log burner and electric heaters are for winter lets only
• No portable air conditioning units to be used.
Swimming Pool Rules:
• No sharp objects in or around the pool. This includes water guns/pistols/nerf guns or anything that shoots a projectile
• No inflatable’s or body boards. Swimming aids are fine if you are learning to swim but please do not leave them unattended
• No food and/or drink in the pool area
• No footwear to be worn in the pool area including wet socks/wet boots
• Please close the parasols and do not leave them unattended whilst open
• Please leave the pool furniture as you would expect to find it
• Please keep the gate closed at all times
• The pool is open from May to September inclusive and open from 10.30 until 19.30 daily, weather permitting
• Children to be supervised at all times.
We shall not be liable to the guest for:
• any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery, or appliance in the property, pool or gardens
• the loss, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond our control
• the loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the guest if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event we shall, within seven days of notification to the guest, refund all sums paid.